Opportunities at Kuthumba
For the visionary developer Kuthumba is an opportunity to purchase existing rights for a Wellness Centre and Forest Lodge on Freehold title.
Natural Architecture www.naturalscool.com
12 DAY PERMACULTURE DESIGN CERTIFICATE
Monkeyland offers sanctuary and rehabilitation to primates the world over who have lost their homes; it’s well worth a visit.
Come and join the fun on Wild Olive Farm which is situated on the Gou Kou River Stilbaai. This 12 day Permaculture Design Course will provide course graduates with a Permaculture Design Course certificate. They will be certified as Permaculture Design Trainees. This certification allows students to practice as Permaculture Designers and to develop a body of work in order to be fully certified after two years of work in the field demonstrating proficiency and practice. The course will be lively and interactive on all levels using plenty of diversity in teaching styles.
Course Topics will include:
- Ethics of Sustainability,
- Principles of Permaculture,
- Pattern & Design. (Zoning and Sectors)
- Fertility Cycles
- Water Harvesting
- Year-Round Food security
- Chickens, earthworms, cows
- Wildlife corridor
- Alternative Energy,
- Eco building Designs
- Community Economics
- Optimal animal participation
Facilitator: Avice Hindmarsh
Avice Hindmarch attended an inaugural PDC held in Johannesburg brought by Bill Mollison.
She has worked on these Permaculture Design principles in Community Development, broad-scale farming as well as her own home ‘Wildrocke Farm’ in Midrand; a 4h smallholding that included dairy cows, horses, bees, poultry, fruit and vegetable garden and constructed wetlands to regenerate water.
- Facilitated PDC’s in Malawi, Ghana and many areas within South Africa.
- A member of Kuthumba Eco Village in The Crags where she was involved in the designing and cobbing of her energy-efficient ‘Natural House’, using composting toilets and wetland treatment of water using Flowforms and remain passionate around forming of social communities.
- Today she is a member of the Bio-dynamic Association of SA and will introduce elements of this complimentary insight to the participants.
- She uses an artistic approach to explore scientific understanding and pursues an interest in community banking.
Facilitator: Hazel Mugford
permaculture farmer and experienced teacher from Stilbaai, who holds international and local permaculture qualifications and has facilitated various courses over the last 5 years. She specialises in health giving food gardens and the hospitality Industry. Enquiries 028 7542719 or firstname.lastname@example.org; www.wildolivefarm.co.za.
The venue is Wild Olive Farm, Stilbaai South Africa, Tel 028 754 2719 or visit www.wildolivefarm.co.za
Cost: R 5500.00 pp, This fee includes all training ,course material and ,all meals , Meals are organic country cooking with a high ratio of delicious organic produce coming from the Farm itself., Accommodation in not included.
Shared accommodation in our farm chalets R100 pppn sharing
Camping R50 pppn (Compost showers and toilets) .
To book a limited space on the course:
Email email@example.com and a booking request will be forwarded to you.
Holiday accommodation available:
- Beautiful timber house, in a magical forest environment.
- Sleeps 4 comfortably, full equipped
- Solar-powered and gas.
- Lovely walks, mountain biking and birding, or just marvel at the ancient forest from the wooden deck.
- Close to beautiful beaches at Natures Valley, Keurboomstrand and Plettenberg Bay
In season R 1050 p/nite
Out of season R 750 p/nite
Phone Jonathan 082 321 0172
Avice Steed Hindmarch
Avice is still highly active in the’ sustainability’ movement specifically in the fields of Ecological Land use and social development. Skills gained mostly through her biography of raising her family living on organic farms plus practical experience in implementing Biodynamic agriculture and Permaculture Design. Two very different disciplines and complimentary as both are based on holistic sciences.
The off-spring of this is a ever increasing enthusiasm for and appreciation of land based human, humane, communities and the processes needed to hold them together. Now in her senior years, she is available to assist persons or communities striving for skills in these fields. She teaches in participatory artistic ways that are easily understood by people of all ages, genders and races.
Avice offers guidance in gardens, smallholdings, farms and nature reserves in
- Establishing natural land fertility, various composting methods and vegetable garden layout.
- Bio-diversity and domestic animal forage systems.
- Water harvesting, key-line flows to moderate climate, recycled water using Flowforms and constructed Wetlands and is a member of the International Flowform Federation.
- New participatory approaches with labour to build self value and training courses in Biodynamic agriculture and Permaculture.
- Earth works – design of landscapes to enhance natural energies of warmth, wind, water and mineral flows including designing of ponds and dams.
- Placement of rocks to form Land sculptures/features.
- Creative workshop facilitation for group dynamics for community building and outcomes.
- Participates in the field of New economics and ethical banking.
Avice uses her skills in social Art therapy and games to highlight existing dynamics within a group or individuals.
Contact her at Cell 072 174 1152 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to Wholeness programmes and seminars including meals and accommodation, yoga and meditation. Massage, consultation, earth, sea and wildlife excursions. Artist programs and personal packages are designed to order. A path to renewal and transformation. We offer access to a spectrum of consultations on diet and wellbeing, relaxation and rejuvenation. Walk with cheetah and elephant. The largest bird sanctuary in the southern hemisphere. Game viewing. Boat trips to whales, seals, and dolphins. Contemporary art tours and more.
For more information, contact Ruby Ovenstone:
work: 044 534 8728
cell: 083 581 0832